INFEST OFFICIAL SELECTION
Terms and conditions 2023
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE EIGHTH EDITION OF THE INFEST RUBÍ FESTIVAL 2023
1. Short films of any nationality and language can participate.
2. Any person may participate without age restriction.
3. Each filmmaker may submit more than one work.
4. The submitted short films must be works of fiction, containing FANTASTIC, FREAK, SCI-FI and/or HORROR elements.
5. Short films cannot exceed 15 minutes (excluding the credits).
6. Short films with commentary or dialogue in languages other than Spanish or Catalan must be subtitled or dubbed in either of these two languages.
7. Short films that do not have the technical requirements for a good visualization will be rejected.
8. Short films made before January 1st, 2019 will not be accepted.
9. Works already submitted and selected as finalists in previous editions will not be admitted.
10. The deadline to submit short films ends on May 12th, 2023.
11. A copy of the short film must be submitted in digital format with a minimum resolution of 1280×720 pixels, in any of these digital formats: AVI, MPEG, MOV, WMV, MKV, etc… with the video encoded in H264 and audio in AAC.
Short films can be sent online through a file hosting service. In that case, the download link has to be sent to the email address email@example.com.
Any work can also be uploaded through digital platforms such as MOVIBETA, FESTHOME, CLICKFORTESTIVALS and FILMFREEWAY.
12. Shipping costs will be borne by the participants.
13. The festival organization and its jury will be in charge of selecting the works that will participate in the competition and the winners, respectively.
14. The Festival organization will award the following prizes:
a) Jury Award to “Best Short Film InFest Rubí 2023” endowed with €1,000.
b) Jury Award to “Almost Best Short Film InFest Rubí 2023” endowed with €250.
c) “Public Award InFest Rubí 2023” endowed with €250.
Prize money will be transferred to a bank account. The Festival organization will not cover in any case wire transfer fees to bank accounts outside the EU countries.
15. The winners will be announced at the end of the screening of the short films, during the closing gala ceremony scheduled for Saturday, July 8th, 2023.
16. The jury’s decision will be final. The organization reserves the right to state no winner in any category.
17. The organization may use fragments of the selected works for the diffusion of the festival in any media for an indefinite period of time. Not intended to commercialize.
18. All works will become part of the Festival’s video library and may be shown for non-commercial cultural and/or educational purposes.
19. All the short films produced in Catalonia that participate in the 8th edition of the InFest Festival will be automatically eligible for the TAC Award granted by the Federació d’entitats cinèfiles “Terror Arreu de Catalunya”.
20. Submitting a short film to the InFest Festival implies the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any situation or incidence not foreseen in these Terms and Conditions will be solved according to the festival criteria. InFest is not responsible for the infringement of the intellectual property rights of the works presented.
21. The Organization, as the entity in charge of the celebration of the event, may modify any term and rule if deemed necessary.